For the next couple of weeks both here and on my Youtube Channel, I will be discussing godly dating, being a woman of God, a man of God and much more!
Should be interesting right? Let me know your suggestions below on what you would like to be discussed about godly dating.
Today we are going to help you answer if he is the one for you!
The passage is taken from Ephesians 5:25 (NIV).
Ephesians 5:25 (NIV):
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
1. Does he love you scripturally? (Ephesians 5:25). Here we are told husbands should love their wives as Christ loved the church-this means that the way that man of God loves you should bless your spirit. He should not ask you to compromise your purity neither should he treat you in a lustful manner i.e asking you to be sexually active before marriage.
2. Does he know Christ? (Ephesians 5:25). This should actually be the first point but I want to make sure you guys are following a sequence. My point here is that man of God should be able to teach you about Jesus Christ-not the other way around. Think about it for a second-how will he love you like Christ loved the church if he doesn’t know Christ personally? It’s not possible. So ask yourself-does he know Christ?
3. Is that man selfish? (Ephesians 5:25). He should be selfless. For instance does he seek for you to gratify him sexually even though you are not married? Does he make excuses for you to compromise your purity? Does he act like you are being selfish whenever you talk to him about your Christian standards? Does he go out of his way to show you he cares? Let’s be honest here-if he is not doing any of this he is not selfless-he is selfish-and a man of God is selfless because Christ gave himself up for the church. So does that man do the giving or the taking? Think-does he take your peace, does he take from your understanding of Christ rather than adding to your peace, and adding to your understanding of Christ?
4. Does he love you as a wife? (Ephesians 5:25). Courtship is in preparation for marriage and so that man of God should already be speaking to your spirit as a wife-you should be able to recognize him as a husband-a man that is led by God and walking in his salvation-does he remind you of Christian values in his actions, his responses? What is his approach to marriage? Soes he avoid that subject entirely or become very quiet and uncomfortable when you broach the subject? Does he love you like a wife should be loved? In other words, does he seek to build your spirit and add strength to your soul?
5. Does he remind you of Christ? (Ephesians 5:25). Hear me out here-I don’t mean you should idolize your husband or that man because that is not of God! What I mean is does he remind you of Christian values? The Word says husbands should love their wives just as Christ loved the church-hence he should model the love of Christ for the church-he should be a reflection of it. And to do that he has to have Christian values. Does his approach to certain subjects and topics remind you of worldly men rather than godly men? Does he add knowledge to your spirit? Or does he seek to compromise your purity? How does he handle anger and delicate situations? How does he treat others?
These are some questions you should seriously think about if you are looking for a mate-does that man answer all these questions in the positive or negative? Then you have your answer if he is a man after your heart before God or not.
What are your thoughts on how to know he is the one for you?
Check out my Youtube channel for the next couple of weeks as we will be discussing this more and more over the next few episodes both there and on here.